The value of shopping Handmade & Locally
At Caroline Hjerpe, the truth lies in our craftsmanship, and the realness comes from the confidence to let the imperfections tell a story. Our concept grew from Carolines curiosity, passion and stubbornness and today we are a full female team that's proud to stand out - we make jewelry for individuals, not the masses and every single piece is crafted by hand by us!
We do not only sell handmade, we also love buying handmade - shopping locally and small is getting more and more important so we gathered five reasons to inspire you to support your local shops!
1. Sustainability - We live in a throwaway society which makes every single decision to buy something that will last for a long time extra important. Since handmade items aren’t usually produced in large quantities, mass transportation isn’t necessary. Artisans and small businesses also tends to be a lot more mindful when it comes to using eco-friendly sourced or recycled materials than the big retailers.
2. Unique - Behind every handmade product there will always be a story about passion and dedication! And each artisan has its own story that will show in their designs. When we craft things by hand no product will be identical, and even if a piece is not made personally customized for you it will always be unique, so you can be confident that no one has the exact same item as you do.
3. Quality - Mass productions tends to be made as quick and cheap as possible in order to maximize profits, which is the biggest difference from most smaller businesses. Artisans that crafts their items by hand put so much more time and love into their work and they understand the value of making high quality products that lasts forever, not just for a season.
4. Local economy - When we purchase handcrafted products we create demand, investing in businesses in your area is an easy way to support the local economy. Even if a small business is not exactly close to where you live - you can contribute to other communities and make connections all over the world.
5. Connection - Knowing the name or the face of the person who made the items you are buying are priceless, it makes the process so much more human and fun. And you'll know that you help a creative soul to continue embrace their passion and sometimes you can even make a new lasting connection with a real person, not just a computer screen or a cashier desk. You can often also be a part of the process and customize the items after your taste!
We hope you got a little bit inspired to go out and support your local shops today!
Much Love from the Caroline Hjerpe Team